Now that the school year is coming to a close, it’s a great time to make a plan for summer fun! Use this list of 10 summer fun ideas to keep your kiddos active!
1. Masking Tape Mission: Check out the youtube video below to find a cheap, easy, fun and creative way to get your kiddos in on a mission!
2. Zoo Scavenger Hunt: Take your trip to the zoo up a notch with this printable Zoo Scavenger Hunt Activity from www.icanteachmychild.com:
3. Teddy Zip Wire: I think every boy will love this one! We’ll be trading the teddy for ninja turtles. And maybe even line up two zip wires next to one another and let them have a race!
4. Local Nursery (if you’ve got a good one!) If your boys are into bugs and your girls are into butterflies a nursery is a great place to go. Check out some of the fun we have at our local nursery:
5. Library: This is an easy one, but there are always so many great activities going on for kids of all ages at the library. It’s more than just books! Check out your local library’s summer schedule for singers, musicians, animal demonstrations, craft activities and more!
6. Grocery Store Field Trip: Just because school is out doesn’t mean you can’t go on a field trip! I’ve had some friends tell me that our local grocery store does a great tour and talk with the kids who come in for field trips. We’ll be doing one this summer:)
7. Kitchen Cafe: Make a menu for your kiddos. Charge them for what’s cookin’ in your cafe (and for clean up ). We did this when mine were learning about money. I put a bowl full of coins on the table for them to use. They got to look at the menu and figure out what coins to use to pay me for what they ordered. My older one loved it. My younger one hated it because he thought it would be too hard. But once he finally realized it wasn’t as hard as he originally thought, he wanted to do it again and again!
8. Cool down sweet treats: It’s so hot here already. Make this yummy sweet treat from www.nourishingmeals.com with your kiddos to cool down:
9. Bowling: Go to www.kidsbowlfree.com today to sign up for free bowling at a bowling alley near you. Each child gets two free games (you just pay for their shoes)!
10. Creative Art Time: For girls have fun making these tie flip flops from www.spoonful.com:
For boys have fun with toilet paper cars from www.tpcraft.blogspot.com
What fun ideas do you have lined up for you and your kiddos to stay active this summer?